View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #12
TomStone123
Bat Boy

Thanks JoeFromChicago! You've answered the two questions that I figured most likely had a "nothing you can do about it" answer. For the rotation issue, it just is what it is. For the bench playing time issue, you are right I need to think about it more and decide if I want to have more guys marked as "play every 6th game" or the like. I do that in a few spots, and I have plenty of R/L platoons, or guys that are just very similar in value splitting duties (e.g., Pedroia and Doerr at 2B for the Red Sox).

And yes, I think with some tinkering of settings I will get the relief innings mix I am looking for. There are both the global settings to consider, and also how I set individual relievers. For a few teams I'm going to try co-closers, e.g., where there isn't one that is clearly superior. In other cases I'm shifting some of the setup men to be 7th inning or later instead of some being just 8th inning or later. And if there are specific middle relievers I want to pitch more, I'll indicate that with the usage setting -- though that will mean some pitch less of course too (OK because for some of the bullpens there is a big drop off in quality after the first 2-3 guys).

-- Tom
TomStone123 is offline   Reply With Quote