View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #39
Matt from TN
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt from TN
FYI: Clemente was signed as an amateur free agent by the Dodgers & then picked in the Rule V Draft by Pittsburgh.
New question: the amateur draft was only for US-born players, and eventually Canadians. Pretty soon, we'll see a small influx of latino players, which of course will continue to grow and grow until it reaches the commanding level of today. And of course, eventually there will be Asian-born players.

Soon, though, will be the days when players like Roberto Clemente joined the league. As I posted earlier in this thread, latino players have always been scouted and signed by teams as opposed to going through a draft. Does anyone know more about this? For example, is it just whoever finds a guy and signs him gets him?

If so, how would you prefer I handle this such stuff in TWB? I can either add them to the ammy draft like all other players. Or I can add them to the free agent pool and have teams email me cash bids for them (or something like that), with the winner signing him. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited by Matt from TN; 07-12-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Matt from TN is offline   Reply With Quote