View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #38
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I think the biggest loss is a lack of restrictions on the type of cards you can use. The goal of the tournament ecosystem should be to encourage players to make new teams regularly, and right now there is absolutely no effort being made to encourage that. Where are my tournaments with only pre-1950s players? All-AC Central tourneys? Tournaments for guys with names starting with B? Literally any restriction to get people outside of the default comfort zone; clearly, submitting the same roster you made weeks ago over and over again gets stale pretty quickly. Force us to adapt.
To add on to this, the unique format should be for something special. You can't just release a bunch of wacky 16 teamers to win 750 points since the trouble of navigating the interface isn't worth that.

So far the biggest excitement for tournaments I can remember was the perfect pedro one. How many people made a capped lineup for the first time for it? I know I did.

A flagship daily tournament with a valuable prize (200K+ card) would get people to put in the effort figuring out a lineup that works within some novel criteria.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote