Thread: 1994 Phillies
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Ajt1978
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trades Part 1 1994

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Here are a list of trade proposals that have been offered from other teams and my trade proposals to other teams and the results.

Jan 5th

The NYY offer my LF Luis Polonia and Minor League SS Authur Davis for LF Pete Incaviiga. This is a No go. The reason is this is a 27 million dollar salary dump for the Yankees. Luis has alot of pros. You can hit him leadoff or 2nd. He is a decent hitter who will hit anywhere from 270 to 290. He will draw a few walks and is a good contact hitter. He will steal alot of bases however he is 30 and I don't forsee him getting any faster as he gets older plus he hits for zero power. For 5 million dollars a year that is to much money to take on for the type of player he is.

Jan 10th

The STL offer me LF Benard Gilkey and Minor League C Curt Hickin for P Tommy Greene and Minor League Outfielder Arnie Daniels. After some debate I decide to pull the trigger. Tommy Greene is coming off a really nice year however Benard Gilkey has a very team friendly contract, hes an established everyday outfielder who can hit for some pop, hit for a nice avg, steal a few bases and hit 2nd in my line up. This will create a bit of a log jam in my outfield so I will put out Milt Thompson and Pete Incaviliga on the market and see what I can get.

Jan 12th

I move LF Pete Incaviliga to the Twins for LH Jim Deshaies and I also get the GM to throw in Minor League P Mike Fisher who will start off the season in Single A. I lose a power bat but I do get a Solid #3 pitcher in Jim Deshaies who is 33 and is on a team friendly contract through the 95 season. This deal has no major financial ramifications to either club.

Jan 15th

I move LF Milt Thompson to the Colorado Rockies for P Greg Harris. Greg is a pitcher who can both start and relieve and has been successful at both, also he is on the last year of his deal. If he works out great if not ohh well. We saved a small amount of money in this deal.
Ajt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote