View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
Matt from TN
Hall Of Famer

Ancestors Sign Up for the NEW History of Baseball

I've created a new "fictional" historical league where fictional players will play on the real MLB teams. I'm beginning the league in 1901. Once I get to appx. 1946 I'll be looking for owners to take over the league. This will then be a real online sim league, but with 45 or so years of history already built in. You have the chance now to make your family or friends part of this alternate history of the great game of baseball. Here's what I want from you now...

If you want your father, grandfather or any other ancestor for that matter (i.e. uncles, etc) to be part of the NEW history of baseball, SIGN THEM UP!! I will go off their birthyear and add them to the amateur draft in the year when they turned 18. I will look at their primary position and make them the top rookie at that position.

EDIT: Beginning in 1946 when we go live, an ancestor must be 18 before October 1 to be added to the league. Otherwise, he must wait another season.

Limit 3 people per last name per generation... So if you have family w/ different last names, you can have more than 3 per generation... Post as many as you want for different era's...

EDIT: The happenings of the league - named Time Warp Baseball - will be posted IN THIS THREAD. Also, we have a website where you can follow the league with even more depth.

To sign up, give me this info:

EDIT: If you are willing, please give me a date of death (DOD) and any specific info you would like me to know about their death (i.e. heart attack, etc) so I can accurately report this info after they retire... Don't worry, if their real DOD interferes with their career, I'll postpone it until they are retired.

EDIT: All ancestors have the opportunity to come in from HS or college. If you choose HS, basic rules and an 18-yr-old debut age still apply. If you choose college, you should give me an age from 19-23 for the person to debut. The player will then have to wait a few seasons to debut at that age but they will be slightly more developed to account for the yrs spent in college. So basically you're chosing between an 18-yr A-baller and a slightly older player who has to wait a few yrs to debut but will be more AA ready (or more).

REQUIRED:
FIRST NAME
LAST NAME
BIRTHDATE (birth year minimum)
DOD
PLACE OF ORIGIN
HS or COLLEGE (If College, pick age 19-23)
PREFERRED POSITION
ALTERNATE POSITION (1-2 alt's... this is required, just in case there are no good players for that year at the preferred position)
SPECIALTY (see below)
2ND SPECIALTY

SPECIALTY:
Choose one of the following for the player's specialty & another for his 2nd Specialty... Remember to take the era into consideration... in other words, don't waste your time asking for a power hitter in the 1910's or 20's, because he'll only hit 10-12 HR's per year at best...

HITTERS - Contact, Gap Power, Homerun Power, Eye, Avoid K's, Speed, Defense, Arm
PITCHERS - Stuff, Control, Movement, Velocity, Duration, Defense, Hitting
The Pitching options were changed to reflect ootp6. For players created prior to v6 coming out, I will make the following switch: Avoid Hits = Stuff, Avoid BB = Control, Avoid HR = Movement, Getting K's = Stuff, but if Avoid Hits was chosen as the other of 2 specialties, K's will affect Movement.

OPTIONAL:
NICKNAME (if desired - just keep it clean & something that would fit into the appropriate era)
HEIGHT
WEIGHT
NUMBER
BATS (R/L/S)
THROWS (R/L)

Here's an example:

FIRST NAME - Carmack
LAST NAME - Alford
BIRTHDATE - 10/9/1908
DOD - 12/27/1994
ORIGIN - Adams, TN
HS or COLLEGE (If College, pick age 19-23) - HS
PREFERRED POSITION - 1B
ALTERNATE POSITION - LF or C
SPECIALTY - Average
2ND SPECIALTY - Eye

NICKNAME - Country
HEIGHT - 5'10
WEIGHT - 190
NUMBER - 9
BATS (R/L/S) - R
THROWS (R/L) - R

Last edited by Matt from TN; 03-30-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Matt from TN is offline   Reply With Quote