Thread: College
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #15
Patman
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokiu View Post
Just wondering, will the College be like this at release? I mean, doesnt the NCAA have some strict rules for the usage of the identity of their players as they are student athletes?

I think of NCAA football where players have either numbers as identity or generic names. And even there, they've had legal issues:

Sam Keller: A Threat to EA Sports, the NCAA....and Hollywood? - MMChrisS's Blog - Operation Sports
I suppose that depends on whether or not OOTP does or doesn't and if they don't then why?

----

Of course, there are ways around this... like stuffing a team full of randoms or creating teams that are roughly correct in terms of strength but identifiable as such. Like I expect Lowell to be junior/senior laden and largely reflective of a team that went to the frozen four after buzzsawing through their league schedule (yes, bad early half... whatever.)

----

The real question is what is the difference between likeness and publically available information. One could just view this like fantasy sports which I believe got past their lawsuits without much damage.

Last edited by Patman; 06-21-2013 at 02:10 AM.