View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #48
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmeister View Post
Basically you have to trick OOTP - renumber the country from 206 to something else (I used 300) and change the name to "United States". The only issue is a minor one. When you add a league with the wizard, there isn't a default nation since 'The United States' doesn't exist in your world. The cities are strange until you assign a nation (I don't remeber exactly what it is, but it was something like Team 1, Team 2, etc.)
At the point that I have to invent an alternate USA is about the point that I give up on this whole thing. It just shouldn't be this difficult.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you were getting modern names instead of historical names. But Muzumba mentioned somewhere that the total of the US ethnicity percentages has to be 3000. If you had something else, that may be the issue.
I know that. I set the value at 3000.

But you're not telling me anything I don't already know. It's clear that you can make changes in Notepad that will change the values in the nation editor. I've done that. But, as I pointed out, those changes aren't reflected in the players that the game actually creates. When you create a game, what is the national breakdown of the player pool?

Quote:
Note: All of the other nations have to total up to 100.
Yeah, I know that too.

Quote:
Also, did you just zero out African in ethnicities.txt? That doesn't work since the totals of the 5 ethnicities has to be 1000.
Geez, give me some credit.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote