View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

I had a couple of questions about my settings for the first league. Here are some screenshots and a bit of an explanation. Hope it is easy enough to follow but if I confuse you with it feel free to ask for clarification.

LEAGUE AND TEAMS TAB (FIRST IMAGE BELOW)
Not much to worry about here except that I set all leagues, regardless if it is MLB, Pacific Coast League or a indy league like the New York League to be MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL LEVEL.

I use the league reputation numbers to help differentiate the leagues. MLB a 10, PCL and American Association 7 or 8, Southern League a 5 or 6 and my smaller leagues like New York State league are in the 0-3 range.

I also take advantage of the league region feature for the 16 independent leagues. You can see in screenshot 1 below I set the State of New York as the region for my New York League. This will mean only players from New York State will appear in the draft for that league. It gives it the local flavour I wanted.

RULES TAB Image 2
I set my active roster to 23 for all leagues (mirroring mid-thirties reliever usage). I set the reserve roster for MLB, PCL, Southern League etc to 5 as I don't want them having a bunch of guys sitting. I left the independent leagues with a 20 man reserve roster as there is no lower league level so I don't mind them accumulating some extra players.

On the trading rules I enabled trading with other leagues but set it to LOW frequency. My MLB and the larger minor leagues do not have a draft and make sure that you DISABLE AUTO CREATION OF FREE AGENTS for those leagues. The 16 independent leagues will have a draft. I set it for December of each year and limit it to 5 rounds with one extra round of created players. Note - These are not feeder leagues so do not put anything in Select Fed League.

FINANCIALS TAB IMAGE 3
When I first set up the league in 1860 I set the financials to a 1901 level and reduced them by 50% using the mass-adjust current financial values. I didn't really mess with ticket price or anything but when I added the major leagues I made sure their financial numbers and the Salary settings were at least 4 or 5 times what the feeders had. I also tinkered with stadium size so the bigger leagues would have higher attendance and more revenue. I believe MLB stadiums are all 15-45k capacity, my higher minor leagues in the 10-20k capacity and the independent leagues in the 5-10k capacity.

I am not sure how important those settings really are as the most important ones are to check the right boxes on free agency and player movement.

To access them you have to uncheck ENABLE RESERVE-CLAUSE ERA RULES but remember to check it again when you are done.

Images 4 and 5 give you boxes to check for each league: For MLB and the high minors teams check both allow free agents from other leagues and allow free agents to leave league.

For the independent leagues make sure you uncheck allow free agents from other leagues. As I want guys released by MLB teams going to the PCL and Southern Association type leagues and not back to my small independent leagues.

I don't worry about reset service time, compensation and contract opt-outs as I do not believe they apply at all once I recheck the enable reserve clause rules option.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote