View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #26
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

2034 Season in the Books

Had an exciting go, clinching the WC in the final series of the year. I promptly blew a 2-0 DCS lead to fall in 5 to the eventual WS champion Mets (shoot me, now).

A few notes:

The NL instituted the DH in 2030.

The 15 day DL became 11, and is now 18 days.

The Twins have moved to Columbus for the 2035 season. This is important because the Columbus park is a HR Heaven. When the league was created all ball parks were neutral (by bug, not design, but I decided t would be interesting just to keep it that way) so any moves/expansions create ball parks with varying effects.

The 40 man roster is now 42 men.

Players cannot refuse assignment.

It looks like this second class is where the work really starts, due to the new First Ballot model.

I am handling it as such:

I will go through the players and get the number of generated inductees as before. Any player that is entered who has been retired for 20 years is considered a Veterans Committee induction, whether or not he enters on the Veteran Standard.

Since the VC announces its selections ahead of the actual balloting IRL, I am going to model the selection process on this. The Veteran picks will be announced and then the First Ballot Screenings will take place, based on the new numbers created by the Veteran inductions.

Any player that enters via the FBS will replace a non veteran (accounting for the fact if the player is a hitter or pitcher) that was "voted" in prior to the announcement of the Veteran picks.

The FBS process is also modified in that with each FB seection, that player's numbers are immediately entered into the Hall totals for subsequent FB entrant standards for THAT year.

By having the veteran picks figured at the start of the FBS process it makes it easier for a player to get in on the First Ballot. However, by adding the FB entrant's totals when he enters makes it more difficult for subsequent FB entrants to enter on the FBS that year.

This is a little nuance that I like, and it will take a bit more time, but not much, once this class is entered.

There are 24 players that are waiting FBS. These are all the OOTP selections that have happened since the beginning of the league (except for the Inaugural Class, who were all software selections, also).

----------------------------

One final note:

I didn't realize till halfway through the season that I had Dickie Thon and Mike Torrez on the same team.

As a 19 year-old, Thon hit .268 with 8 HR and 45 RBI in 366 AB. He also hit for the cycle.
Torrez, at 28 years of age, was 11-11 in 32 starts with a 5.10 ERA (npa ERA+ 84). He is currently testing the FA waters. Pitching is quite scarce, so I am sure he will get offers.

The league is currently very heavy in quality OFers. Even with DHs in both leagues, there are a lot of name talent OFers that could not get work in 2034 due to their salary demands.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 06-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote