Thread: Thanks
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't advocating shaming or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
If you don't like an auction, don't bid on it, it's as easy as that. No need to start shaming people, probably by name, with an opaque system that will totally definitely absolutely never be abused by anybody ( ), just because you don't like their ideas of pricing.

I need an (80) Peak Gwynn for the Padres collections. I might pay 5k just to get it over with. The next guy, who doesn't do the collection and would just like to have the card for his team, might find 5k outrageous. So is 5k a "good" or "bad" price now...?
growling about what a reasonable market would bear. Just started seeing low bronze cards that I picked up last week at 50-75 being listed for 4K+ and it irritated me. That's not what the market will bear. Time will heal it, and I have the stony patience of a serial killer when it comes to the AH (Maybe I should change my avatar to Hannibal Lecter?).

Now...the peak Gwynn card? That's a good card at any level, and worth pouring points into...as opposed to 4500 BIN for Andy Karl.

Also, your eyeball is WELL placed, sir! Hope life is treating you well.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote