View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #139
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootMurph View Post
New to OOTP, just recently bought the game and have been learning the game through playing in a single player fictional league, with NFL style divisions. Can't get the playoffs to run like the NFL playoffs, so it's the 4 division winners going to the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm looking for a fictional league. I prefer no DH, but I have yet to find a league with no DH rule. So, I would prefer to run a team in a division with no DH. Since I'm new to the game, other settings have little meaning to me, so I honestly don't know what I'll like and not like.

I play in online leagues for other games, so I understand how these things work. I like to do statistical write-ups or similar things. I also should warn you that I am opinionated, but I don't believe I'm argumentative about those opinions. To give you an example of my opinions: the DH. I believe players have become too one dimensional. Why pay a guy a lot of money to do ONE thing? What happened to the days when you had to play good defense, hit the ball, and run the bases? Now you have fat guys playing that have no defensive range, strike out all the time, but hit 40+ home runs a season. Remember Dave Kingman? He was not much of a player in his day, but in today's baseball he'd be an All Star.

So, now you know about me. I bring personality and add stat interpretation articles and some other game related articles to a league. I also tend to inspire conversation about many topics You can PM me here or send me an email at zootmurph1@comcast.net
Hello saw ur post in the ootp 16 thread . Im in the POTD we are a fictional league and we are moving to ootp 16 . We will move Jan 1 in game date and we are in Nov in game date so right around the corner . If u are interested and want more information let me know thanks

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF