Thread: Ball Flight?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #6
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

This is a great game but I think the whole 3D thing is huge mess. I'll be dead before it is ever really functional. The play by play gives the result before the ball takes flight which takes away any suspense that could be created. This really makes very little sense to me.

I think they should scrap 3D, use the ball flight model that Puresim uses and overhaul the SHORT play by play making it so that most plays are resolved within 2 lines of play by play; some plays could have a few extra lines to create suspense.

This is an incredible game, though, and the Puresim game doesn't come close to OOTP in any other factor or category as far as realism and enjoyment goes. If you like long play by play, as someone already pointed out, it's very good. The short play by play is good to move the game along quickly and it's speed is variable (there is an instant setting that gives you instant results). Some of us play games out, some of us sim and some do both.

This game is about so much more than the actual games being played out but it is an aspect of the game that I would love to see improved.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote