View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #44
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
QuestDog,

I've been away from the game for a few months, so please excuse my vague memory.

If I want to start a league back in the 1870's or later that starts with only Caucasian players, I use your xml file and adjust in game to 100% US HISTORIC?

And I eliminate counties that have no baseball hope in hell or those that don't until maybe the 1970's by what method?

Sorry to keep asking these things, but I just don't seem to get it.

I hope OOTP 15 simplifies this.

Thank you.

JP
Use the XML file I provide in the download for 19th century ball and all should be well. If you want to use your own XML file, you should make sure the US names are set to 100% US (Modern). In my files, the US (Modern) are always the white names and the US (Historic) are the black names.

And I doubt that OOTP15 will make any changes to this system, but you never know.

P.S. For seasons before 1960, there is less need for separate files for white and black first names. Naming practices were pretty much the same for everyone (non-immigrants, that is), except maybe the blacks used Biblical names more often. It really wasn't until the Civil Rights movement of the late fifties and early sixties that blacks made an attempt in earnest to Africanize their names and thus make it worthwhile that they should have their own first name set. The surnames should be separate for any era.

Last edited by Questdog; 01-30-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote