View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

Oman's post-opening weekend wishlist

I just wanted to start by saying I love the game and Markus and Co. have done great work. I'm more making this wishlist so I can look back and when Markus and Co. ask for suggestions for an update or v14 I can share my ideas.

1) Proper/Customizable Tie-breakers: By far and away the most pressing of any of my wishes. The ability to get the right teams in the right seeds in the playoffs so they face the right opponent is beyond important. Especially now with the 1 game wildcard. The integrity of the league and it's results are dependent on the game getting this right. This is the only thing on my wishlist I feel can NOT wait till v14 it's that important.

Once the proper ones are in place maybe it wouldn't be to hard to let us pick how they should be broke from a list of options. Just a thought but not nearly as important as the above issue.

2) Team vs Team Standings over the history of the league: This is another big one for me. I would kill to see a page just like the current Team vs Team standings page but instead of just showing the current season it could cover the entire history of the league. I would love to know which franchises I have struggled against and which I have dominated.

Just an idea to expand off of this but it might be a building block for some kind of rivalry system.

Really any extra history tracking is a good thing imo.

3) Ability to edit playoff matchups after playoffs start: If the seeding thing is addressed this isn't as much of an issue. I would love to have the ability to edit the playoff matchups like you were able to with TonyM's playoff editor utility. Many of us loved that utility but unforunatley TonyM doesn't do it anymore. If customizable tie-breakers are not added then this would let us do it ourselves.

4) Assign Dimensions to all parks button: I know dimensions are cosmetic but I like to do a pairity league where I make all park effects neutral and make all parks symmetrical like Kauffman stadium. So I use the exact dimmensions of Kauffman stadium with every park in the game. Would save me a TON of time each version if there was a button that was similiar to the neutralize park factors for all parks button but let it assign those dimensions as well.

5) Ability to create sub-leagues with odd number of teams: Bothered me for as long as I've been playing since I moved HOU to the AL West when I started playing this game. Now that this is going to be the standard MLB set up I hope it will allow us to do this in the league creation wizard and not have to do it after we start the league.

Again the only one I think is urgent is #1. I can not stress this enough.

#2 and #3 are something I think alot of people would enjoy. #2 is something I have been begging for since I started playing. Can't tell you how cool I think this would be. #3 would be a big sell in my eyes as well.

#4 and #5 are things just to make my playing experience and maybe a few others easier.

Aside of #1, if those others are my biggest worry then that tells you about how much I love and enjoy this game. Keep up the great work guys and hopefully I will see some of these sometime in the future. (#1 in the VERY NEAR future )

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 10-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote