View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djday45 View Post
Hart is one of those hard to rate fighters who really over achieved in his career. the art to getting him right will be to rate him to have that potential but not to achieve it as the norm.

STANCE - LEFT HANDED - As you know i often rate guys as being lefts when they wernt as i use the catergory to represent more than just stance. In this case Hart is often described as being very "awkward" and throwing guys off their game a bit of a spoiler in fact. The stance catergory represents this perfectly.

STYLE - Slugger - he was def not a boxer, rather a crude but under rated scrapper.

CONDITIONING - 10 - He had consistency problems thats for sure and some of his better results leave a very sour taste in the mouth im thinking of the Johnson fight in particular so im going to rate him a malcontent very concerned about money.

CONTROL VS BOXER - 11 - he seemed to have his best results against boxers and really struggled against sluggers so im swapping the two numbers around.

CONTROL VS SLUGGER - 9 - see above.

HITTING POWER - 5 - He was an average hitter who relied on waring an opponent down rather than one punch power. his official rating of 2 is still too low though.

PUNCHES LANDED - 40 - slight increase to reflect his volume of punches.

OVERALL RATING - 7 - slightly better than the official version and more probable that he is capable on a good day of an excellent result but he is still not going to hold on to the championship in any era.
Your version is more like the version that was with the board game. I think your rating a pretty accurate.
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote