View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #27
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin79 View Post
I'm looking forward to trying this one out because it gives us a pro league with full minors, two feeders, and a couple international leagues. Just what I was looking to do myself, but I'm still having trouble getting this quickstart to work.

I can't get a human manager in game after I load it up. It's like the program refuses to accept the load without a human manager already setup, but I can't put a human manager in unless it loads; chicken or the egg quandry. Anyone else encountering something similiar?
(There are actually three feeders: NCAA, NCJAA and HS.)

I have no idea why you are getting that error. But I have uploaded the World Template file so that you can try going that round. Be sure you start the league in 2007, and you'll have to do some housekeeping that you wouldn't have to do with the quickstart:

1) After the league is generated, go into the league setup options and change the max ages for player creation for NCAA, NCJAA and HSAS to match the minimum ages for player creation. That will be 14 for HS and 18 for the other two. This will make sure all players created are "freshmen."

2) Go to the MLB options and generate a new schedule. This should prevent the "No player present" bug at the all-star break.

3) I recommend simming through 2007 and starting in 2008 (or later if you want history). This is because there were a few kinks in '07 (like a half-full draft class) that the game does a good job of working out if you just sim through it.

Hope this works for you!
Prodigal Son is offline   Reply With Quote