View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #24
rwd59
All Star Reserve

I know what the Reserve roster does. I don't like it. I like the progression minor leagues provide. You like it, I don't. Don't try to sell me on it. It is not possible. That being said, the reserve roster is the nature of the beast in this version of the game. I hope it goes away next time. Everybody talks about realistic MLB rules and such. There is no realism in a one level minor league dumping ground where players just SIT. May sit there for years. Doing nothing. Drawing an OOTP paycheck, for nothing. A question, since I am waiting on the updated demo and didn't see this happen in the original demo. Do they get hurt there? If not then thats another reason to dislike it. I remember trading for a great young hurler one time in 6.5. I traded top notch major league talent for him and I sent him to the minors fully planning on trading my worst performing starter at the deadline. When I get to the deadline I get ready to make a trade and just happened to notice his name written in the dreaded red color. When I checked he had suffered a CEI in his first start. So my question is do they get hurt while on the Reserve roster? If so I might be able to eventually come to terms with it, but I will never like it.
rwd59 is offline   Reply With Quote