View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #1739
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I wish I could do the same. Patience is proving to be the hardest part for me with a new team. So many areas to address but have to hold and build my PP.
pitching and defense are my favorite parts baseball and my team excels in neither.

I have Shawn Dunston on my reserve squad. I pulled him in one of my 6 starter packs watched him play irl the man had a cannon for an arm but it is not reflected on his all star card. His D rating is pretty mediocre overall.

I’ve got time to think about what I want to do with this team-I just need the patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience IS hard, to be sure - and I'm especially bad at that also.

My first couple of seasons were defense oriented. We did pretty well but after a few seasons I got tired of losing 50 games by the scores of 3-2 or 2-1, so I switched to more offense regardless as to defensive ratings.

But the thing is, I like having a focus for the team. All of my teams (except Annandale) have themes: My Monuments team focus is "HR hitters and GB pitchers." For Motown it's "players active in the Motown Years (1959-1988)." For Venusville it's "contact and gap hitting, no homers." And so forth. That helps me figure out what players I'm looking for on the team. Annandale became something vague like "get the best player possible" which feels way too wishy-washy. So I'm going to go back to "defense first" as a theme, which should help them find their way.

I think part of why the first try failed is that I ended up with good defensive players but they weren't generating enough offense. I think I understand a bit more about the game to identify and acquire players that fit the mold a bit better this time around.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote