Thread: Why Historical?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #18
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
That's one of the reasons I'm curious about playing with real minors. I always use injuries when I do random debuts. I usually delete enough teams so there are enough players to use either normal or high realistic. I've been replaying 1969 over the last week or so without minors and there simply isn't enough players to use injuries and feel comfortable that a team isn't going to end up with an outfielder catching or a 1b at ss. For me, looking at a players stats is more interesting when they have gaps or seasons in which they missed chunks of play. Plus, why would Joe Blah ever even get a chance to play if it wasn't for injuries.

I ran some test seasons with historical transactions on since it turns off injuries and the results are not as good as with injuries on. I see 27 Ruth getting 40 homers and 61 Maris getting 47. Both played over 150 games.

I'm thinking it may be the case that without injuries they are facing better competition. Thats fine for an all time greats league. Im not sure if works as well for a career replay.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote