Thread: Why Historical?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
For the following reasons

#1: As a GM/Manager - Trying to win a World Series with a long-time "cursed" ballclub e.g. Boston, Cubs or taking over an expansion team ala Montreal or Florida and trying to have sustained success with them is a lot more fun.

#2: Varying Careers - I love seeing players have wildly different careers based on the teams they land with or ballparks they end up hitting/pitching in. I also enjoy, as a Manager, taking that power hitting slugger who's maybe 34 or 35 years old and seeing if I can give them a boost so they finish their career over 450 or 500 home runs while getting great production from them (think Frank Thomas here).

#3: How MLB History Changes If you start a league old enough, it's fun seeing how history changes from say 1940 - 1990 or even 1920 - 1960. Which teams become the new de-factor Kings of baseball or are there a bunch of teams which constantly trade championships? What about which teams become perennial basement dwellers.
I like to make little changes like adding free agency or changing "use of closers" to very often.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote