View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #283
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Monday, December 3, Year I
Trade #12
SP Johnny Maskell (24-R), SP Dave Cole (26-R) and RP Antoine Redd (31-R) to Houston for SP Don Panighetti (25-L) and minor league SP Dennis Perry (21-L)

Maskell had some good games as a rookie, but I am not a big fan of pitchers that strike out less than 3 batters a game. Cole had an awesome strikeout to walk ratio, but got tattooed with 47 H and 7 HR in 35 IP. Redd just could not get anyone out in September and I am sick of him.

Spaghetti Panighetti made the All-Star team going 7-5 with an ERA around 2.50 for the first 3 months, but collapsed in the 2nd half, going 3-11 with a 4.89 ERA. If he continues to stink it up for us, then I have not lost anyone that I really wanted to keep anyway. And if he reverts to his All-Star form, then I will be a genius! Perry was a 13th round pick this past June and might be worth something someday, but probably not.

Trade #13
RP Curt Riley (35-R) and minor league RP Bob Kravtsov (26-L) to St. Louis for C Tod Schreck (31-R) and minor league SP Dave Shoemake (26-R).

Riley is decent, but old and Kravtsov in a good prospect, but we have several good relief prospects.

None of our catchers could hit lefties, so that is why we are getting Schreck. No power, but he hit .330 in 97 AB and is a decent receiver. Shoemake gives us another mediocre arm for injury insurance.

Trade #14
LF Howard McNeal (30-R) to Denver for 3B Larry Sinchak (30-R) and two minor leaguers: RP Ed Krueger (22-R) and 1B John Moore (20-R)

McNeal became useless late in the year and I have no more love for him. His defense was not good enough to keep around unless he hit and he quit hitting.

Sinchak is highly overpaid: $1.76 million per season for this year and next. He hit .277 with a .737 OPS this past year. He gives us some injury protection in the infield, though, so will be useful. Krueger is another relief prospect that looks to be maybe pretty good. Moore is a middling prospect, but we have very few First baseman who are legitimate prospects in our system, so he is welcome.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote