View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Real Transactions

One thing I would love to see added to real transactions leagues is some form of play according to real life that tells the AI to use the players according to their real life playing time. I don't want players to be penalized performance wise for playing too much, as injuries can force this, but I would rather see a guy that started 36 games winning 23 of them, be in the rotation. Especially, if the guy the AI puts in the rotation in his place is a total scrub. See 1901 Detroit Tigers--the AI decides Roscoe Miller is in the pen, Emil Friske is a starter. 1976, Detroit Tigers, Dave Roberts always ends up in the bullpen. Sure, this is easy to correct if you're managing the Tigers, but there are how many other teams? I know I could use real lineups, but not really. That feature in my opinion has been broken from the day of it's introduction. Having every player on a team game active doesn't work.

Oh and I put this in the historical section for a reason. I don't want those that aren't interested in this type of play to comment on how they would simply go to baseball reference and look at boxscores if all they wanted was a replay of history. UGH!

Last edited by David Watts; 02-11-2014 at 10:33 AM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote