View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
bear
Global Moderator

Parade of the Tomato Cans

I'm doing some rather tedious prep work for a planned universe. This entails creating a census of the fighters in my database. I have a mega database with over 21,000 separate fighter files. This includes multiple different ratings for individuals. Since my universe will involve teams and locales I need to gather birthplace and residency information, hence the census. The census, when completed should provide a fairly complete record of historical fighters that have been created for the game. My mega db includes all of the fighters in Mike's universe since he shared his database with the forum. As I'm working on my list I'm culling duplicates and also separating the fictional TC's that Mike included in his database. Other than my own 4 F's I only plan to use fictional fighters in limited special circunstances. I am recording the names of Mike's fictional TCs, saving a copy of their filers, and converting all of his fictional TC's with historical TC's that I'm locating in Boxrec. While I plug away at my census project I'll be adding a slew of historical TC's to the forum in this thread.

I'll begin with a fighter with the greatest name I've ever seen: Papa Wood Alcohol. One recorded bout in boxrec from a 1922 young Stribling undercard. No weight is given for him of for his opponent Kid Dynamite but I'll assume that they are feathers like the rest of the undercard. Stribling was a young growing welter/middleweight at this time of his career.

Papa Wood Alcohol
Global ID 422617
sex male
Columbus, Georgia
won 0 (KO 0) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 1 = 1
Weight class unknown but the name is just too good to exclude from a tomato can collection. Assmed to be a feather like the balance of the undercard

Bear

Many more coming
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx2 WoodAlcohol_Papa.tbdx2 (1.7 KB, 707 views)

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title

Last edited by bear; 09-04-2007 at 08:03 AM.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote