View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans View Post
I’ll assume your thinly-veiled comment is directed at me.
It wasn't directed at any one person. There were other comments in the other thread that expressed the same sentiment I was speaking about.

Quote:
As a consumer who is not in-the-know for how OOTP runs their shop, I made reasonable guesses that included the notion that Jim would be getting something in return for bringing his product to them.
He is getting something. His games have always lacked good UI, immersion and customization. OOTPD games have always excelled in those facets and this is something they can help bring to FOF.

They also bring the fact that they are essentially the largest sports sim game company outside of SI and thus there's a lot more potential market. Additionally, FOF has always been fairly poor with marketing of their products, also something OOTPD is normally strong in.

Quote:
I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable for us to have assumed he was going to get a team dedicated to his game. Otherwise, why make the move?
I suppose for those not closely familiar with OOTPD it might be assumed that is the case. However, despite being a success in the sim game community it's still not a very large company staff wise and don't presumably have the resources to hire a bunch of new developers to work on FOF.

You still make the move for all the reasons I listed above and the fact that if the solid gameplay and engine of FOF can be matched with the UI , customization and fanbase of OOTPD, the game will sell infinitely more copies than Jim ever could alone.