View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 10:14 AM   #15
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1919-1920 NHL Regular Season

I keep forgetting. I can’t seem to display playoff stats via team roster page, and I wanted to share Newsy Lalonde’s playoff stats last season. Held to only 7 regular season games, Lalonde was amazing in the playoffs. 10 games played, 13 goals, 5 assists, for 18 points. Healthy, at age 31, he’s still a serious Hart Trophy candidate for this season.

Quebec not being mentioned at all in the game's preview article can't be a good thing for the bulldogs. It's a 4 team league!!

Half way through the season, scoring is way up this year. In 1917, goals per game was 8.33. Last season it fell to 7.74. The edition of a 4th team has brought goals back up to 8.25 gpg. Three players, which all happen to play on Montreal’s first line, have all past last years point leader already.

Quebec is yet to win a game, with a month to go. 0-9-3 (I fixed the OT problem!!) Their leading scorer, Jimmy Gibson, has 9 points, but is a -15. It’s a real question right now, if the Bulldogs can win a single game this year!

Right after writing the above blurb, the Bulldogs lose to the St Pats 13-0. It’s a league record for goals allowed in a game. Quebec defenceman Syd Desireau was a -9!

Desireau, with a -9 rating, is really hard to do

Well, it happened. The 24 game season has ended, and the Quebec Bulldogs failed to win a single game. 0-21-3. No matter what happens during the next 100 years, the Bulldogs record of ineptitude will never be broken. Here are the final standings…

Sh*t, just noticed ties are worth 2 points….ugh…

As expected, Montreal dominated the league this year. Their first line is 1, 2, 3 in points in the league. Infact, they are 1,2,3 in all the offensive categories. Those three are the Hart Trophy nominee's this season.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote