View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 12:40 AM   #17
3fbrown
Major Leagues

Mike - What I mean is that pitchers might import as a reliever when they should import as a starting pitcher or vice versa. And often a SP might import with stamina of 2/5 when they seem like they should have at least average stamina, if not more.

Some of this isn't OOTP's fault. What should Dennis Eckersley import as? Clearly a SP, as he only converted to a RP later in his career as he lost abilities. Since this is a common career path (start when younger, eventually move to bullpen when you lose effectiveness) I set pitcher stamina to import as the first three years. But then you get a bunch of pitchers that started in the bullpen and worked their way into the rotation (say, Mike Hampton or Curt Schilling or Johan Santana) importing as relievers, which clearly doesn't make sense either.

Thus, I just manually look through things and adjust as I see fit. Usually I err on the side of making guys starting pitchers, and then the less effective ones get sent to the bullpen. This seems the most realistic to me.
3fbrown is offline   Reply With Quote