View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
All of that information is out there, although I'm not sure it's all in one place. SABR is putting together ownership histories for each team - the project is about half-way finished.

A problem for OOTP would be those instances when teams were owned by corporations, like when the Yankees were owned by CBS or the Cubs were owned by the Tribune Co. Right now, all of the news stories and notifications presume that a human being is the owner. So you could get a notice saying: "CBS has looked at your roster and he thinks you should get a new third baseman." Also, OOTP would need to include the option for female pronouns for those occasions when women owned teams, such as Marge Schott (Reds) and Helene Britton (Cardinals).
I have historical owners on my transaction list but some owners are hard to find. For a business owning a team i just use Company for the last name. It could say The CBS company has looked at your roster.
What is mopre of a problem is when an estate owns the team. I just put the family name as first name and Estate as last. Unless i can find out who was in charge of the estate or running the team.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote