View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #229
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymetsfan5 View Post
Haha sorry, didn't realize how confusing that statement was. I meant the MLB draft.

Thats a good outlook on writing, I will give it another shot after my current GM finishes.
Ah, okay, got it.

I don't really have anything special I do for drafts, nor do I target specific positions while drafting, at least early on. Since this team has been drafting at the bottom of the 1st for so long, I don't spend a lot of time looking at the top of the charts, except to look for something that might jump out for dynasty-writing purposes. So I usually wait until it's my pick and then take a deeper look at who's available. I always take BPA early on, with any 1st round and Supplemental picks. Pretty much the same for the next few rounds. Typically, once you get past the 5th round or so, decent-looking prospects are really thin on the ground, so I'll start going for intangibles over anything else. (High INT, WE, maybe LE.)

Otherwise....
...I stay away from high-end prospects with bad attitudes or bad INT/WE. Some of them do actually become stars for other teams, but I'm not interested in having one cranky star bringing everyone down. YMMV.
...I look for guys who are good across the board, rather than having one standout rating and a hope that something else will develop. Especially pitchers.
...I'll let my scout choose picks after the 20th round. Although quite often, I've traded away those low picks, as throw-ins, b/c by then in the draft I'm ready for it to be over.
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote