View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:46 AM   #49
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
Here are a few things that have jumped out at me when looking through the database. I'm not sure if these things are correct, but I think they need to be double checked for accuracy.

Catcher Bob Boone 1978 All Star (78 OVR)

On the current PT1.0 version he is listed with a catching ability at 105 and catching arm at 89.
On PT 2.0 Database Catching Ability is 75 and arm is 69.

Seems like these numbers are significantly lower for someone who is considered a great defensive catcher.

Starting Pitcher Dallas Keuchel 2015 All Star (88 OVR in PT 2.0)

His movement is at 96 in PT 1.0 which is the highest in the game
In PT 2.0 movement is 53 (I know this isn't the actual number in the game, but you incorporate MVT and GB % to get MVT number we see in the game). This seems way too low for this card. Is this a mistake? Lots of players have numbers more than twice as high

Unsung Hero SP Sad Sam Jones 1921

Appears to be the exact same card as in version 1.0 of the game, except this one is 92 overall rated while it was a 72 rated card in PT 1.0

I can see this card getting an increase in OVR rating, but doesn't look close to the other 92 OVR rated cards. Is this a mistake???
I see the same thing with Larry Dierker (went from 83 OVR to 92 OVR) and Len Barker (went from 78 OVR to 93 OVR). Was this just a big jump for the Unsung Hero cards? I agree that they need to be upgraded overall, but the jumps seem way too much

These are the 3 that jump off the page to me as of now, but I will take a closer look at things to help you guys find "bugs" if there are any

Can I make one suggestion??? If you release updates to the current PT 2.0 card database, can you put a separate section detailing the changes that were made on the update so I can update my lists instead of having to redo everything for some potential changes to ratings?

Kevin
Nope, these are all okay... the Unsung Hereos in PT19 were artificially lowered in overall ratings. We no longer do that in PT 20. Movement is okay too for Keuchel, he has a very high GB% which in the end will result in a high movement overall.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote