View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Gilchrist shoots down Jets
12/10/1991 21:52 PST

Brent Gilchrist’s first hat trick of his career helped San Jose secure their second win against the Jets this season.

Trailing 2-1 in the 3rd, Gilchrist’s natural hat trick gave the Sharks a lead they would not relinquish. Helped by Stastny and Stephane Richer, the Sharks managed a rare offensive outburst for their 8th win of the season. Scoring for Winnipeg was Keith Tkachuk, Thomas Steen, and Luciano Borsato.

“We really needed him tonight” said Coach Fyvie of his left winger. “He usually does the little things.. off the score sheet. It’s great to see him get rewarded with his first career hat trick tonight.”

For his efforts, Gilchrist (pictured) was humble. “I try and contribute in any way, every game. Getting a hat trick at home was really sweet.”

Another hero on the night was Sharks’ starting goalie, Glenn Healy, who provided a phenomenal 40 save performance. “I saw a lot of rubber tonight. I stopped a lot of rubber tonight. It was fun out there.”

Winnipeg’s powerplay was 1-6 while the Sharks struggled with the man advantage, shooting blanks in their 4 opportunities.

Winnipeg is tied for second place in the Smyth Division with a 15-14-1 record. San Jose sits at the bottom of the division with a 8-22-1 record.

Winnipeg continues their road trip with a date with the Kings Dec 12th. San Jose has two more games at home, hosting Edmonton on the 12th and Minnesota on the 14th, before going back on the road.

In other news Daniel Berthiaume cleared waivers and was assigned to the Kansas City Blades today, making room on the active roster for newly acquired goalie Greg Stefan who was himself placed on waivers.
Attached Images

Last edited by DFyvie; 10-12-2018 at 12:44 PM.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote