View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #43
Gil Thorp
Major Leagues

This is great news. I haven't played OOTP since v16 but I've been playing FOF all along. And I'm probably in the minority playing solo not mp. In my current game, I'm chasing the Buffalo Bills record for Super Bowl ineptitude, having lost 3 in a row and currently at 7-3 I may have a shot at it. Looking forward to changes in the interface and Face Gen if it can be added. Before major features are added, how about fixing a few things: Improve the AI end of half/game clock management and play calling, an AI that doesn't continually run the ball in the second half when down by a lot, cosmetic things like a better name file and better heights/weights--I'm sick of seeing 5' 10" DE's and 5'7" safeties though this has been improved with v8. I hate the glitch in the PBP where a player is described as blitzing and then makes the tackle on a pass 30 yards down the field. Defensive play calling needs to be improved as someone mentioned and for those of us playing as GM, how about information on the coordinators blitz tendencies and coverage preferences. More roster flexibility is needed and the ability to set complete depth charts, including special teams.Just a few examples off the top of my head and longtime players can likely add many more pressing issues.

I see big problems adding historical play. Think about it. Baseball really hasn't changed in over a hundred years. A pitcher pitches, a batter hits the ball and a fielder fields it. Only the statistics have changed. A sac bunt and a hit and run work the same today as they did a hundred years ago. Only their frequency has changed. With football you're dealing with formations and playbooks changing over the years not just statistics. A game engine that accurately models both today's game and a single wing offense against a 6-2 defense, good luck with that.