View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #42
mitch0301
Bat Boy

I’m hoping that there is an analytical approach used. It’s been a few years since I’ve played FOF so I think my judgement of it would be unfair. Anyway, I’ve been doing a deep dive on the fantasy side of the house and combining statistical analysis with physical traits is really startling to catch on as a predictor of success. Newer stats I look at include college dominator (% of offensive share in players respective offense), breakout age (when that player receives a certain % of offensive share), speed scores (height adjusted for WR’s), agility scores, SPARQ, target share, contested catch rate, top in game speed (MPH), DB’s QB rating against and % targeted, etc. I have no doubt, given OOTP’s depth, that this will definitely be a goal. I just hope resources like PFF, Player Profiler, NFLDraftScout, Graham Barfield (fantasy guru), Warren Sharp, Evan Silva and others are at least browsed to get a feel for how statistics based scouting can look in a game that traditionally relies on scouts that cherish physicality, arbitrary insite into technique and raw athletic ability over whether the statistical trends based on trackable athleticism and past performance can be indicative of the future. Just my $.02, I’ll be buying the first iteration of this game with high hopes.

"Fine... Still like him better than Steinbrenner."