View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:52 PM   #14
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Action Jackson, thanks for your generous dharing of knowledge. I also usually play RD.I have noticed that unless I set the parameters for what years players are from very strictly, say 1940-1960, i don't get many players i would call regulars or full time. I prefer 1901-2017 or no min. Or max. But end up with maybe 4-5 catchers with 300 plus PA, hardly any real first basemen except ones with maybe 100 AB in that current year of theirs etc. Is this by design or is it maybe because i am not setting the 44 full draft rounds so a lot of the decent players are missing? I assume that a players fatigue and injury levels are based on PA and IP. So a starter with low numbers shoyld be a surprise exception. Not the rule. Am I misunderstanding the game? Thanks.
You always have to reset the inaugural draft to 44 rounds prior to drafting (I think default is 27) with random debut in order to have all players drafted to a team. Otherwise, you'll get 17 rounds worth of potential draftees dumped into the free agent pile, and that allows for the wealthier teams to pick off the better ones as free agents.

As for the full-time/regulars thing, if you think about it, there are probably more part-time players than full-time players in the database, particularly modern day players. This is just a fact of life. It doesn't mean that guys who played part-time IRL can't emerge as full-time players, just that they weren't IRL.

Another thing is, if you play with the "Use pre-defined draft value for AI" box checked for amateur drafts, you should probably uncheck it for both the inaugural and expansion drafts. This will (hopefully) stop all-time greats from being drafted at a past their prime age in both the inaugural and expansion drafts. Be sure to re-check that box for the amateur draft if you use it though.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote