View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #20
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Scooter View Post
Couple of questions...

1. What is a league-level lock?

2. When you talk about ratings for promotion (e.g. "Average SP Ratings for promotion 50's / 50's / 40ish" is this for promotion from AA to AAA or from AAA to the Majors?
yeah, that looks like ~AAA to me, give or take for a pitcher...

those are ~minimum-to-average to be promoted to that level... although maybe 45/45/~40 is good enough too, for example... so much more goes into it than those three ratings for pitchers (pitch selection, SP vs RP.. RP's need little less control, bit more stuf/move than what i list for SP above, for example)... these ratings will merely speed up the learning curve a slight amount for you... as you dink around you'll have your own ideas of where these demarcation lines are in your own perspective.

while i do consider results/stats when borderline promotion decisions are being made, i mainly am concerned about development... if their ratings are sky-rocketing i could care less if they are hitting .000. my goal is 100% producing MLB talent. everything is geared toward that end with little concern for anything else.

as far as a lagging ratings like pretender mentions, i'll also consider potential of that lagging rating....

for example, if they can only get to ~40/100, i'm not too worried if they are 20's/100 at AAA for eye or avoid k's (ignore power in minors, except its repercussions on ratings -- ie a great player hides while power undeveloped. when it develops contact will increase alot)

this type of player is the one that has a major hole in their game, but still can produce offesnively. e.g. low eye, very high average can work lead-off with no power (ichiro-esque) ... high power/decent average but a SO machine (too many to choose from-esque), lol... you get the idea.

if they can hit for good average, they can be useful in the majors even if 8-9 in lineup and finish developing, that's why i use Contact as the "track" for batting prospects. you can't say that about any of the other ratings when they stand alone to the same extent.

1) i've been not playing for a bit now... it's in the right-click context menu too i think... if not, context menu can lead to player strategy, too. i know it has that for sure. then there's the checkbox as mentioned above.

beware of forcing positions... i'd only use it to control learning other positions and in rare cases where you have 2 decent prospects at the same position and for some reason one is on the bench. i typically let the gm's randomly do the position stuff saves effort. plus ST, when that's viable.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-12-2017 at 11:01 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote