View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #60
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
I personally do not like making caps. Getting the position and size just right is hard. That being said, it's not like they aren't really easy.
Exactly. Plus folks who don't have access, experience or time with drawing programs would use this.

I use Photoshop CS6 for my logos and will continue to do so, mostly because I like seeing city and team names on logos, but your program is excellent for getting a logo into the right size and shape if you see exactly what you want on the internet. I will use your program for fictional teams in the minors where I simply want something fast since I won't be looking at it all that often.

Caps should be easy, but the size and positioning requires several trips back and forth to my OOTP test league to get it right. Reusing an existing cap layout doesn't seem to help as much as it should with positioning, but then I always change the font (there are so many out there!) And they are free!) and then have to resize the Text layer. Which changes the position just enough to look weird in OOTP.

I can easily see myself downloading a logo picture of a boll weevil and making a quick logo with the color codes. Then taking the main color code entering it as the hat color and picking 'S' for Shreveport and getting the cap file "Shreveport_Boll_weevils.png." Then I can tinker with the OOTP uniform generator to get something acceptable. All in a few minutes without having to use Photoshop.