View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Thanks for the update, Jim! Thread stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I'll go into a little detail about one of those structural changes, because it illustrates exactly the kinds of long-term goals we have for this project. One complaint about FOF is that it is limited to the current 32-team, eight division pro football structure. Yet some customers want to play with different league formats.

The original plan was to convert Front Office Football function as is, then move to more flexible league formats for future versions. But because we've had extra development time in recent months, we'll be able to fully support a few league formats (meaning scheduling, playoff structure, AI) right out of the gate. With the potential of adding more before the release and eventually (this part I can't promise in FOF9 because I've only done a little bit of work on it) the ability to add your own custom league structures and schedules (which means those of you who love spreadsheets and embrace adventure will gladly share them with the rest of the community).
Wow. I wasn't expecting this in the first release.

Quote:
You'll play FOF9 day-by-day rather than the stage-oriented approach of FOF8.
This sounds like an exciting change in both SP and MP, especially with regard to free agent signings. I wonder if it might also mean some overlapping stages like OOTP has. That'd be a significant strategy-changer.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 09-21-2018 at 06:05 AM.