View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #16
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

Melee Breaks Out In Locker Room!

A melee breaks out in Indians Clubhouse after their 7th consecutive loss.

1B Ryan Meadows and RF Rod Williams had to be restrained by teammates when punches were thrown. It's reported that Meadows believes some of his teammates had been dogging it as of late. He called out Williams for not hustling in today's game and tempers flared in the locker room.

A local columnist caught up with Rod Williams after the incident had cooled off. Can you explain what led to this skirmish in the clubhouse? " As you know our club is struggling, Ryan takes losing very personally. We had a heated discussion that lead to some punches being thrown. I'm just glad it's over with and no one was seriously hurt. I'm embarrassed by my actions and I hope the organization can forgive me for this foolish act on my part."

It's clear that Williams threw the first punch, but Meadows was relentless in his insults regarding his teammates recent play.

Decision: Bench Williams x amount of games
Bench Meadows x amount of games
Bench Both.
Effect: Morale declines considerably to players if benched. Other teammates could also be effected depending on the action taken. Not only are you losing their production, but this could cost you a possible extension down the road.

If you choose to sweep the incident under the rug.. other teammates may be effected in a negative way. Losing control of the clubhouse potentially leads to players complaining about their roles or their current contract? etc

Last edited by BaronA; 02-07-2013 at 01:41 AM.
BaronA is offline   Reply With Quote