View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #45
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am planning on doing just that, but I'm going to have things setup the way I like them. For example, I think it will always be 1987 strategy settings.

One thing I was wondering while looking through your docs, cephas, is if you had your minor league affiliations all planned out as well?
Overall, I was planning on starting The Minor League System in the 1945. Basically meaning all of the minor leagues will be affiliated even if not all of the teams are. Before that I was planning on having a few teams have affiliates here and there, but nothing official that spans over all minors. I'm not 100% how this will all work out yet. OOTP still kind of lacks in this area.

The other thing that I planned was once a minor league team gets affiliated with a major league one that affiliation will never change unless one or other of the teams folds. Since OOTP doesn't transfer affiliated players along with affiliation changes I just decided to keep it simple. (There's nothing like building up a quality minors system only to lose it because you change affiliates.) This means when an affiliated minor league team folds the major league team needs to find another affiliate. This still does the whole lose-your-players things as changing affiliates, but in my mind it makes more sense that a team would lose all its players when it folds. I don't know.

I also kind of like the idea of having the same settings for the whole life of a universe.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 06-15-2011 at 06:52 PM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote