View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #560
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 23rd, 1987

We are finishing up with the Dodgers today.

L.A. is bringing Moose Haas (5-13, 5.54).

The Giants have Bryan Hickerson (11-7, 3.89).

I am 0 for 3 vs Haas.

I led off the bottom half of the game by grounding out to Dave Anderson at short.

In the 2nd Alan Cockrell singled and then scored on a double by the returning Bob Brenly.

Giants lead 1-0

I made the 3rd out in the 3rd, grabbing a Steve Sax grounder.

I led off the bottom half by hitting one down the right field line and legging out a triple! Mike Aldrete followed with a walk. With one out Rob Deer hit into a fielder's choice, but I scored.

Giants lead 2-0

In the 4th Alan scored on a single by Bryan! I came up with two out and Bryan on 1st. I grounded out to Darrell Evans at 1st.

Giants lead 3-0

I got the 1st out in the 5th off an Evans grounder.

Dave Winfield led off the 7th with a home run. I got the 2nd out off an Anderson fielder's choice ball.

Giants lead 3-1

I led off the bottom of the 7th by taking a walk. Stolen base #113 and I went to 3rd when Benito Santiago threw the ball away trying to catch me. Mikey made it all moot by walloping a two run bomb.

Giants lead 5-1

In the 8th Ruben Sierra hit a two out, pinch hit home run! I came up after that, facing Craig Lefferts. I lined out to Anderson at short.

Giants lead 6-1

Dennis Eckersley came in to pitch the 9th, though it wasn't a save situation. I got a fielder's choice by Anderson for the 2nd out, but Candy Maldonaado scored on the play.

We ended up with a 6-2 win.

I went 1 for 4, with a triple, a walk, two runs scored, and a stolen base.

The Reds lost and out Magic Number is down to 3! We are 97-55!

It is starting to feel real... though I don't want to jinx it.

The Reds lost on our travel day, as we were heading to Atlanta so our Magic Number is TWO. We could clinch TODAY!

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote