View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:04 PM   #555
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 17th, 1987

The 2nd game of the mini-series vs the Astros is today.

Houston is pitching Craig McMurtry (6-4, 4.41).

The Giants have Eric Show (13-11, 3.67).

I have goen 3 for 8 vs McMurtry.

I led off the home half of the 1st by striking out.

We opened the scoring in the 2nd when Rob Deer walked, stolen 2nd, and then scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Giants lead 1-0

The Astros got it back in the 3rd when Tim Jones scored on a Bill Doran single.

Game tied 1-1

I led off in the 2nd by flying out to Brian Harper in centre.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, grabbing a Craig Biggio grounder for the 2nd out.

I got the 2nd out in the 5th off a Jones grounder and then did the same to McMurtry for the 3rd.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Alan Cockrell on 2nd. I walked. Mike Aldrete singled and Alan tried to score from 2nd, but was gunned down at home. Chili Davis walked to load them up. Steve Stanicek hit what should have been the 3rd out but Biggio threw the ball away, allowing me and Mike to score, and Steve and Chili moved to 2nd and 3rd.

Giants lead 3-1

In the 6th Chris Brown scored on a single by Alan.
I came up with one out, Alan on 3rd and Eric on 1st. Scott McGregor was on the mound. I struck out.

Giants lead 4-1

In the 7th Keith Moreland scored on a single by Jones.

Giants lead 4-2

The Astros tied it up in the 8th when Biggio launched a two run homer.

Game tied 4-4

I came up in the bottom half with none out, Alan on 2nd, and pinch hitter Ruben Sierra on 1st. Jeff Heathcock was pitching. I popped out to Keith Hernandez at 1st. Alan ended dup scoring the easy way when Chili walked with the bags full.

Giants lead 5-4

Dennis Eckersley took over in the 9th. Three batters later he had the save and we had our sixth straight win.

I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a run.

Tomorrow is an off day before we face the Reds - who are the only team in the division who can still catch us.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote