View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 08:48 AM   #553
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 15th, 1987

Today we have the second game of a short two-gamer with the Padres.

They are pitching former Giant, Eric King (8-14, 4.31).

We have Bryan Hickerson (10-7, 4.06).

I have gone 3 for 14 vs King.

I got some action in the 1st, grabbing a Tony Gwynn grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the bottom half by striking out.

In the 2nd Steve Stanicek and Rob Deer hit back-to-back doubles to open the scoring.

Giants lead 1-0

I got the 3rd out in the 3rd off a Harold Reynolds grounder.

I led off the home half of the inning by grounding out to Reynolds at 2nd.

I handled a John Kruk grounder for the 1st out in the 5th. Then I did the same to Ozzie Guillen for the 2nd.

In the bottom half I came up with two out and Alan Cockrell on 2nd. I hit an RBI double! Mike Aldrete followed with a two-run blast! Chili Davis then walked and scored on a double by Steve!

Giants lead 5-0!

In the 6th I came up with Alan on 2nd again, but this time there was only one out and Gregory Sillivent was pitching. Alan moved to 3rd on a wild pitch during my at bat, before I ended up walking. Stolen base #109. Mike struck out but then Chili walked, loading the bases. We left them juiced.

The Padres got not he board in the 7th when John Kruk scored on a double by Darrell Miller.

Giants lead 5-1

I led off in the 8th, now facing Luis Aponte. It took ten pitches but I walked again. Stolen base #110 AND #111. Mike then walked. Chili cleaned up with a three-run rocket. Eddie Milner came in as a pinch hitter and singled, later scoring on a single by Alan.

Giants lead 9-1

We had lots of changes last inning and now Eddie was in centre, Jessie Reid on left, John Rabb at 3rd, and Fran Mullins at 2nd.

Bryan got three outs in the 9th, cementing the complete game win! He struck out nine!

I went 1 for 3 with a double, two walks, an RBI, two runs scored, and three stolen bases!

Tomorrow we start another two game series, as the Astros come to town!

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote