View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 12:16 AM   #547
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 8th, 1987

It is the middle game in Houston and the Astros are pitching Craig McMurtry (6-3, 4.45).

The Giants have Bryan Hickerson (9-7, 4.24).

I have gone 2 for 5 vs McMurtry.

I led off the game by putting one through the right side for a single. Stolen base #99. With one out, Chili Davis walked. Double steal... and that is #100!
Steve Stanicek walked, to load the bases.
Yet somehow, we were unable to score.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Chris Brown on 1st. I struck out.

We opened the scoring in the 3rd. First Mike Aldrete walked and later scored on a single by Steve. Then Chili scored on a single by Rob Deer.

Giants lead 2-0

In the bottom half I got the first out on a fielder's choice ball by Bill Doran.

I came up with one out in the 4th and grounded out to Karl Allaire at short.

The Astros got on the board in the 4th when Harold Baines scored on a Mark Bailey sac fly.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up in the 6th with one out and Chris on 3rd and Bryan on 2nd. Scott McGregor was now pitching. I flew out to Baines in right... too shallow for Chris to score. Mike Aldrete followed with a two run single.

Giants lead 4-1

I came up with one out in the 8th and Dwight Bernard pitching. I grounded out to Doran at 2nd.

With one out in the 9th, Bryan finally ran out of gas (after striking out TEN Astros). Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. Scott got one out but one batter reached on an error and another got a single so Nestor swapped in Dennis Eckersley. Doran hit one deep but it stayed in the park and the game was over.

I went 1 for 5 with a single and two stolen bases.

Bryan was named the #3 star of the day across all of MLB.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote