View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #545
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 6th, 1987

We are wrapping up the series against the Phillies. They are pitching Mike Morgan (7-14, 6.22).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (11-9, 3.39).

I have never faced Morgan, even though he has started for Philadelphia that last couple of years.

Rick allowed a couple of baserunners in the 1st but we finished things off with a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Dwight Evans and Bo Jackson.

I led off our half by hitting it behind 2B for a single. Stolen base #97. I went to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete groundout and scored on a Chili Davis single. Steve Stanicek then reached on an error and Rob Deer popped a three-run tater.

Giants lead 4-0

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Rick on 1st. I hit one into the right field corner for a double, moving Rick to 3rd. Mike got another productive groundout as Rick scored and I moved to 3rd. I was left there.

Giants lead 5-0

In the 3rd Steve scored on a Robby Thompson groundball.

Giants lead 6-0

I got the 3rd out in the 4th off a Jackson grounder.

I came up in the bottom of the 4th with one out and Rod Nichols on the mound. I grounded out to Evans at 1st.

In the 5th Chili scored when Chris Brown was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded.

Giants lead 7-0

The Phillies got on the board in the 6th when Von Hayes scored on a single by Evans. I grabbed a Jackson grounder to end it.

Giants lead 7-1

I led off the bottom half by grounding one right back to Nichols.

In the 7th Juan Samuel crossed on a Ray Knight groundout.

Giants lead 7-2

I came up in the 8th with one out and Rick on 1st. Xavier Hernandez was pitching. I got hit by a completely unintentional pitch. Rick and I were left there.

Rick allowed a couple of runners in the 9th but no runs and we had the win.

I went 2 for 4 with a single, a double, one run scored, and one stolen base.

I am hitting .275.

We are hitting the road again, on our way to Houston.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote