View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #12
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

4-4 So Far on Road Trip

I had an inauspicious beginning to my 23 game road trip. Went into Detroit to face the winless Tigers and lost two out of three. I guess the law of averages caught up to the Browns. The Tigers had to win sometime. Then onto Cleveland where we split a two game series. Rube Waddell pitched a shutout in the win. Then it was onto Chicago. Jack Powell labored in the series opener but we overcame an early 0-3 deficit to win 4-3 and send Powell to 4-0. Game Two was a wild 9-7 affair in which we once again rallied for the win. The Browns sent their meal ticket, Rube Waddell, to the hill in Game 3 trying for the sweep in Chitown but it didn't happen. The Rube really labored in an extra inning 6-7 loss to the ChiSox. Now it's eastbound and down, as that song once said.

Had to take the lineup selection away from manager Hugh Duffy because he wasn't giving Johnny Evers enough playing time. When this kid is healthy he's gonna play. I don't care if he is a rookie. I also need to seriously consider upgrading at 3b. The guy I have there now is hitting under .200. Turkey Mike Donlin has proven to be an excellent signing so far. He's hitting .380. One thing that concerns me is our lack of power. We've only hit one homer so far and that was by pitcher Jack Powell.

Anyway, the Browns' overall record is 11-6 which is good enough for third in the AL standings behind Chicago and Bahstan. Even though it's only 1902 I still despise the Red Sawks as they later became. If the Browns can't win the pennant I hope any of the other teams besides the Red Sawks win it.

Last edited by Buster Cherry; 09-06-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote