View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 11:08 PM   #1
McJohnson88
Bat Boy

Schedule request: 160 games, 18 teams, interleague, 2S/2D/4545T

Hey, long-time player, first-time poster here, looking for a schedule to use in my game. It's for a setup based on the NHL's alignment in 1974-75, which had 18 teams split into 2 conferences with uneven divisions. They played 80 games with that setup, for my game I'd like to double that for 160:
-12 games vs. each team in one's own division; 36 games for a team in the 4-team division and 48 for a team in the 5-team division
-10 games vs. each team in the other division of the same league; 50 games for a team in the 4-team division, 40 for a team in the 5-team division
-8 games vs. each team in the other league; 72 games
-And for the teams in the 4-team divisions, one extra 2-game series vs. a random team in the other league's 4-team division
All in all, that should add up to 160 games for every team... if my math's right, at least.
Given the unusual alignment, I'm not too worried about balance, as long as everyone plays the same # of games in the end. It should be the length of a standard MLB season, starting on April 1 and going through to the end of September, and I'd like the All-Star break in the usual spot of mid-July.

Thanks in advance!
McJohnson88 is offline   Reply With Quote