View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Yea, I do not think this is good. I hope there is some push-back on this.

Candidly, I think MLB management has been mis-managing the product now for a few years, and the spike in digital / TV revenue, masked some of these issues. The numbers indicate that most of this is merely unlocking a secondary forum of revenue generation from an existing consumer base, and not actually expanding the consumer base. So even that growth is at risk in the long-term, as the basis declines.

Rather than address the factors impacting the long-term stability of their market, which would require investment now, they have been doing this type of thing; 3 batter rules, auto-walks, have no real cost. Real Investment in the TV market to expand youth participation which would include working with the market's local governments, and trying to fill the stadiums, and significantly reduce the cost of the experience to the family while at the park, to build customer connections to their product, (which also leads to a better viewing experience)....that stuff costs money, time and resources.

Last edited by Calvert98; 02-10-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote