View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #9
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

The park factors that are in the game are based on the Quadratic formula in order to recreate the scoring environment of the park. These are based on 3yr factors and all of the statistics used can be found on Retrosheet and they do not have vs LHB/RHB data on there.

The 2B and 3B factors are always set to 1.000 with the quadratic factors, but you have to remember that if you increase BA by 3%, then 2B and 3B will increase by that much as well even if they are set to 1.000.

If you want a different set of park factors calculated a different way from the same data, then you can try this file and rename it to era_ballparks and place it in the My Documents>OOTP Baseball 20>database folder, but be sure to make a copy of the original game file before replacing it with this version. This file I am posting has discrete BA/2B/3B/HR factors.

If you are referring to starting a 2019 game in OOTP and not a historical game, then I cannot comment on those values that were put into that file as I had nothing to do with the creation of that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt era_ballparks_discreteStadiumsMod_2018.txt (499.7 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by Garlon; 07-01-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote