View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #152
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

I've come across an issue with players sharing the same historical minors ID, even though they are supposed to be unique. I originally thought this was a historical database issue, but have been pointed here to the roster team.

Here are a few of the errors:
  • Player ID: 2347 (Sandy Alomar Jr.) has the historical minors ID alomar001san, but should have the historical minors ID alomar002san
  • Player ID: 2569 (Chick Autry) has the historical minors ID autry-001chi, but should have the historical minors ID autry-001wil
  • Player ID: 2570 (Chick Autry) has the historical minors ID autry-001chi, but should have the historical minors ID autry-001mar
  • Player ID: 10233 (Dutch Leonard) has the historical minors ID leonar001dut, but should have the historical minors ID leonar001hub
  • Player ID: 10234 (Dutch Leonard) has the historical minors ID leonar001dut, but should have the historical minors ID leonar001emi
  • Player ID: 15463 (Ed Sprague) has the historical minors ID spragu001ed-, but should have the historical minors ID spragu001edw
  • Player ID: 15464 (Ed Sprague) has the historical minors ID spragu001ed-, but should have the historical minors ID spragu002edw
  • Player ID: 15702 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the historical minors ID stottl001mel, but should have the historical minors ID stottl002mel
  • Player ID: 16118 (Frank Thomas) has the historical minors ID thomas001fra, but should have the historical minors ID thomas006fra
  • Player ID: 16119 (Frank Thomas) has the historical minors ID thomas001fra, but should have the historical minors ID thomas004fra
  • Player ID: 17199 (Bernie Williams) has the historical minors ID willia001ber, but should have the historical minors ID willia002ber

I've double listed cases where both players in the conflict happened to be incorrect, and single listed cases where only one player needs to be fixed.

From what I've been provided via Jim Wisenberg for the facegen project, there are over 400 conflicts on historical IDs, and that's from just the limited portion of the database I have. Additionally, it doesn't include players who have the wrong historical ID if it happens to be unique at the moment, which may cause problems in the future.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote