View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 01:05 AM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I have my setup for MLB/MiLB with real life service time and roster limits. This does tend to heavily increase the amount of time you have to spend on the minor leagues. I don't feel right letting the AI do it. I do let them setup lineups and promote/demote but I usually have 100 players on my shortlist for minors that I lock into certain levels and certain positions. I tend to cross train defense positions a lot. You almost have to when there is a roster limit.

But I do need some AI help just because of the insane amount of injuries. I mean it can be 30-50 guys on the DL in minors at any time. You would never be able to sim 1 day without making a dozen moves. Off season when DL goes away I have to either cut many players or make trades if they have real potential. A lot are young players who might kick around MiLB or the Indy's for 5 years and then pop.

My strategy is always best player available. But I rely on trades heavily in challenge mode. Even if its like 3 prospects for the 1 position I really need. Even Int Free Agents sometimes I can't wait 5+ years for them to come around other times I'll trade them to AI teams that dont spend money on IFA's and try to get a prospect that is 1 or 2 years away from the bigs.

Only thing I try to avoid in draft is pitchers with only 3 pitches and the 3rd one being the changeup with current under 45 and like 70/80 potential. They will almost never develop especially the college guys. Sometimes the High School kids develop the change but you can wait 7 years for it. And with roster limits and service times its tough to keep them. But they are great trade tokens still even though the AI is giving up pieces because they think they are getting SP while he will only be a RP.

I routinely see AI teams in the playoffs and its because of the players they got from me. So I don't feel like I'm swindling them or I try not too.

I tend to max scout budget and focus on Majors and Minors because the way I trade. I feel focusing on Majors you can sometimes spot a players decline earlier and trade them while if you cut Major scouting budget it might take you longer to detect and not trade them. Minors is important because of the heavy trading I do.

Even if I have to move 10 players who will never see the show for 4 players that will never see the show. I rather make that move then just release them and try and take shot.

And I want my scout to have Legendary Minor league scouting. IFA and Draft I'm super concerned with. I can still draft 4 star players nowthey might not be 5 sdtar future HoF but quality. And then you can package 4 of those guys for 1 stud.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote