View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:15 AM   #17
Rainmaker
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
The Most Impossible Braves sets

2002 Bryan Braves
These sets have totally eluded me despite a decade-plus of internet searches. I was unable to attend games in 2002 and 2003 due to a change of assignements, so I am far behind the curve on these. But I am posting illustrations of each.
Standard size images.
Only cards I have confirmed and own: Henry Blanco, Bobby Dews, Rafael Furcal, Wes Helms, Darren Holmes, Andruw Jones, Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Jason Marquis, Kevin Millwood, Leo Mazzone, Tim Spooneybarger, B.J. Surhoff, Ned Yost.

Name:  2002 Bryan Greg Maddux.jpg
Views: 10588
Size:  105.8 KB

2003 Bryan Braves
The final team giveaway followed the same frustrating plan as all previous years -- individual cards given out, three or four at a time, once a week (usually Tuesday) and, oh, kids only, no adults. For mass consumption, a set would be included with a team photo, but 2003 marked the final season for that as well.
The final main set was one of the best looking, even though they remain next to impossible to locate.
Only confirmed cards so far: Darren Bragg, Vinny Castilla, Pat Corrales, Rafael Furcal, Marcus, Giles, Fredi Gonzalez, Kevin Gryboski, Mike Hampton, Roberto Hernandez, Darren Holmes, Glenn Hubbard, Ray King, Leo Mazzone, Gary Sheffield. Visual confirmation only: Henry Blanco, Jung Bung, Mark DeRosa, Matt Franco, Andruw Jones, Javy Lopez, Greg Maddux, Terry Pendleton, John Smoltz.

Name:  2003 Bryan Gary Sheffield.jpg
Views: 10599
Size:  113.9 KB

Again, the point in posting these sets is that they are NOT included in the trading card database except for a couple of Lykes checklists that I posted myself.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-11-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: coda
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote